Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ipoh Bus Tickets


This post is dedicated to Choong Tat for his memory of taking the Reliance Bus from Chemor to Ipoh. I have been also riding the Reliance Bus for years.
As kid, we have many kinds of collection, from post card, photograph, stamp, paper currency, coin, match box and to others.
It was said that your collection represent the pass, memory, some events, some persons and the history. So collection tells something about you, your pass, yours character. Ha! I am totally exposed to the net.
I don’t have specific collection. But the dump collection has given me great pleasure and I would like to share these hidden assets with you.
While doing sales at Ipoh in the ’70, my public means of transport between Ipoh and the out-shirts of town are buses and taxis.
I dug out some old bus tickets which are stored until today to recall our memories of taking the Reliance buses in Ipoh.
On board the bus, the bus conductor will collect the fare and issue the ticket for your keeping. If you lose the ticket, you may ask to buy a new ticket. I have experience of the lost that educated me to keep the ticket so tightly.

No comments: